Shambhala is right around the corner and I am dying to go back! I had my first experience at Shambhala two years ago and it was by far one of the best weekends of my life. When Zeds Dead played a surprise set at the end of the night on Sunday I thought to myself, "My life is complete. I can now die happy." It was the best surprise a girl could ask for.
Of course, seeing my favorite artist play a surprise set was only one of the many magical experiences I had at Shambs. They have done such an incredible job cultivating a community that when I was there, I felt at home. Here are a few of the infinite wonders you may find at Shambhala:
1. Really good food; you can buy a bag of 12 doughnuts for $8 that will satisfy you day or night.
2. River floaties; and fun rocks to jump off of.
3. Daily yoga; casually in the grass with the sun warm on your face.
4. Drug testing; something I am a huge advocate of. Safety first!
5. The Fractal Forest; who knows what you may find...aside from the coolest light shows ever.
6. Hookah by the river; where you are bound to meet some of the raddest kids around.
7. The Sanctuary; If you're feeling overwhelmed, look no further. Beds, hammocks, tea, & more.
8. New friends; I guarantee you will walk away with new relationships that will leave a mark.
At Shambhala, the possibilities are endless. There is an energy in that forest that is unlike anywhere else in the world. I was not a festival blogger the first time I attended, so I look forward to going back and exploring the experience with a new perspective. I hope to meet as many people as possible, add to their experience, and leave a lasting impact that inspires people to go home and kick ass in life.
Below is a video for my press application. It tells you who I am, what I'm doing, and why Shambhala is so important for me this year. Hope you enjoy!
Thank you for watching! I hope to hear from you soon. Happy Shambs!